Source: An inside look at ADHD.
Me 100% of the time. Luckily Ito help for my ADD when I was a child
- ADD and ADHD are the same disorder, Attention Deficit Disorder was officially renamed Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in 1994. Many people use ADD to refer to Type One presented here, and ADHD to refer to Type Two, but they are the same core disorder.
- In many cases where ADHD carries into adulthood, it’s a genetic issue [My grandfather, mother, siblings, and I have all been diagnosed with ADHD], though this does not always occur.
hello yes this is me
more fun facts!
- there are a lot of talks about how ADHD is overdiagnosed, and that may be true for boys, but for girls ADHD is severely underdiagnosed.
- older studies mostly looked at hyperactive boys and that’s the perception we have of ADHD. because of this many girls will go undiagnosed until adulthood.
- most girls/women who have ADHD are inattentive type. they tend to be introverted, disorganized and daydreamers.
- girls will internalize these as personal failings and teenage girls have a much higher rate of suicide and self harm because of it
- ADHD is often comorbid with anxiety and depression, both of which are caused by the failings from having ADHD
- depression can present itself differently in people with ADHD. it’s more of a discouragement from constantly failing, but it can be just as debilitating.
- read this article from the atlantic: It’s Different for Girls with ADHD
AAaaaaaahhhhhh seeing this on my dash makes me so happy! I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was only three years old and I’ve struggled with it my entire life. In fact, I’m so disorganized and forgetful that my parents pulled me out of school so that I wouldn’t flunk it. I constantly forgot to hand in assignments, and my inattentiveness was so bad when it came to homework that my mom had to hover over me and make sure I did it every day. It was an extremely stressful ordeal, especially once I got to middle school. I was homeschooled for my high school years, using an independent study program, but I was so far behind on my assignments that that’s when my parents removed me from it by the time I was 15. I still don’t have a high school diploma, a driver’s license, or even a GED.
As a result of all of this, I’m dealing with anxiety and depression, as well, but with the help of medication and therapy, I’m getting things under check. I do okay without ADD-specific medication now, so I’m starting to feel much more confident about getting a driver’s license and just going and getting my GED so I can start looking for jobs.
ADHD is a seriously underrepresented mental disorder on this site, so I’m really happy to see this infograph.
❒Single ❒Taken ✔ Unable to find love because, in addition to the fact I’m fiercely unattractive and I’m not particularly interesting nor talented, my standards have been set unrealistically high after years of mentally dating celebrities and/or fictional characters.
thank you for putting this in words
if you won’t, I will
# okay fuck it im gonna tag vomit because holy shit I think this is huge and i’ve been babbling at ohthesefeelingz # about how (imho) this is huge fucking character growth for Emma and a HUGE step forward for Emma & Regina # Let’s face it Emma for all she has a core of protectiveness and a desperate need to do the right thing # is also immature. This is a character with no real stable positive influences when it comes to relationships # i dont mean romantic i mean just friendships and family etc. (Or at least not that we see) # because no im sorry Neal was not positive. Neal was not healthy. And Emma’s answer has always been to run # so how many times in her life do you think she actually stuck around to even realize she hurt someone? # to deal with the consequences and mend a broken relationship? My guess? ALmost never # So yes Emma is awkward and defensive in these scenes but to me this is a huge fucking step because she is # OWNING UP to how her actions hurt someone else and Emma is NOT blaming Regina where 2 seasons ago # she would have. Would have said something like ‘well if you weren’t the EVIL QUEEN….’ but she’s NOT #Emma is STAYING and admitting what she did hurt Regina that is a huge step toward maturity (I think) # thing number 2? Emma promises to fight FOR Regina. How many people in ALL Regina’s life have done this? # how many people - even the ones who claimed to have loved her - where willing to say ‘I will fight for you’ # like maybe Henry jr but IM PRETTY SURE ITS A SMALL FUCKING NUMBER # so basically what I’m saying is that I don’t watch the fucking show so feel free to ignore me but this feels huge # this feels like a major point of growth for Emma and a major fucking deal for Regina to hear those words # from someone who actually KNOWS her who has seen her at her absolute worst and is STILL apparently # willing to fight for her and i’m sorry but this is just SO IMPORTANT IN TERMS OF THE RELATIONSHIP # BETWEEN THESE TWO CHARACTERS AND IT GIVES ME SO MANY FEELS so i had to share # race shut up you don’t even go here (via racethewind10)
Not even her soul mate fought for her so that has to say something about Emma who always fights for Regina.
The OTP to end all OTPs. There has never been a love so epic, and there will never be again.
How to complete Snake.